Pages

Friday 1 May 2020

Captain James Cook

Hello readers,

Today I am going to talk you about Captain James Cook for you.

Questions 

1. Where was Captain James Cook born? Highlight one. 
Australia 
England 
New Zealand

2. How old was he when he became a merchant sailor? Highlight one. 
18 
19
20

3. What was the name of Cook’s ship? Highlight one. 
Endeavour 
Adventure
Enterprise

4. Where was Cook killed? Highlight one. 
England
Easter Island
Hawaii

 5. Fill in the missing words in the sentence below. 
After Tahiti, Cook first visited _new zealand_________ then _New Holland___________.

6. What island did Cook visit in 1772?
 Easter Island
7. Why was Cook killed? 
1776

thank you for reading my post you may comment if you wont

3 comments:

  1. Hey dude!
    Great work with your reading! I hope you enjoyed reading about captain Cook today and learnt some NZ history. Do you think that joining the Navy is something you might do when you are 18?
    For question 7 Cook was killed because he kidnapped a Hawaiian chief. Well done with all your other questions as they are all correct... here is a cheeky random question for you; Do you know who the ship 'Enterprise' belongs to?
    :) Miss D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bryce.Great work on completing your work.Just have a look at the answers you have given for number 6 and 7.
    Have a great week and thanks for sharing your work.I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonjour Bryce. It is good to see you putting up more blogs. My ancestors came to New Zealand in 1842 and it took them 110 days to get here! That is almost 4 months. They said it was a quick passage! (another name for a trip). Have you looked at a map to see where the islands are? Au revoir. :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.