Pages

Thursday 27 May 2021

Kate Sheppard and the women Su

 

Hello readers,


Today I am going to tell you about Kate Sheppard and the women Suffrage. It was not fair that the men were allowed to vote.

She had to make a speech and had to talk to other people that she did not have to. We are doing it in Hurumanu 1 Ngā Tāngata out standers about people and how they change the world




 

  1. When  was Kate Sheppard born? She was born in Liverpool England

  2. Why was Kate Sheppard on the 10$ note? She was the one that let women vote for the prime minister 

  3. What does wcIu mean? I think it is C because it make more sense to me then the others



  1. Kate Sheppard was born in 1847 that is true 

  2. Australia was not the first country to let women vote FALSE

  3. That is true that there was 32,000 people signed it True

  4. Kate Sheppard is on the $20 note FALSE 



Kate Sheppard was born in Liverpool England on 10th of march, 1847. She grew up in Scotland and then she moved to New Zealand and got married at the age of 24. She was on the ten dollar note because she made a speech to let women vote for the prime minister. I think WCIU Stand  for Women's Christian Temperance Union. Kate Sheppard Made a speech And had to talk to other people  when she did not have to. She wanted to beavil to vote for the prime minister so the women do not have to stay in their home. Australia was not the first country to be available to vote; it was New Zealand. 32,000 people signed a sheet of paper to let women vote. It is not true that Kate Sheppard is on the 20 dollar note she is on the ten dollar bill.


Thank you for reading my post can you comment on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something helpful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.